Unleash your imagination!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unleash your imagination!

Play your own (made) character

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surprise [Lindsay]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

A day without a smile is a lost day.

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 pm

I walked up to the door of that apartment a coworker of mine was living in. A very nice person if one would ask me Smile
Thinking about my first few weeks at work that were now past for several months already, I was happy to work for Mac, but I knew I couldn't just do it without being friendly will all my coworkers. Lindsay knew what it's like to be the new one and I remembered her telling me some time ago that Danny teased her by telling her she has to call Mac "Sir" and than that she was a bit angry at Danny after Mac told her to stop calling him Sir.
While listening to her story a smile had appeared and that same smile was on my lips whenever I thought about that.
Now I've been working at the Crime lab for several months already and Lindsay and Stella had become my friends. I also remember Stella asking me how I can do both jobs at the same time.
Now I was standing in front of the aparment door, uncertain if I really should surprise her like that on her day off, but it's been a long time already since she offered me that I could visit her some time. And since she was a nice and friendly person I had no fear to knock on her door. And so I raised my hand and knocked on her apartment door, now waiting for her to open the door.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I had a day off and i had just finished all the things i wanted to do. Which also included cleaning my place a bit.. i had to do that already for a long time. And now that i had a day off it was a great time to do that finally. I was just on my way to grab something to drink when i heard a knock on the door. I wondered for a moment, who could that be? But then headed to open the door and when i did i was surprised to find Haylen.

"Heey Haylen" I said with a smile. She was great co-worker and now friend, I was glad she joined our team/family. She was sweet and always there for you. I had helped her when she was new, since i knew how it was.. But i gotta admit that she did even better that I.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/superkarlijnn
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:38 pm

"Hi Lindsay! I hope I don't disturb you..." I greet Lindsay after she opened the door, a smile on her face. I smiled, now at ease.
"I thought I just dropped by with some coffee and cookies." I said and lifted the small paper back in my hand which contained a thermos flask with coffee and some cookies.
First I wanted to say I was in the neighbourhood, but who carries a thermos flask with coffee around? Anyways I was glad she was at home.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:06 am

"Come on in!" I said with a smile. I was glad to see her, i needed some rest after cleaning up. So what's better than having a great friend over for some coffee and cookies? Awesome idea!

I stepped aside so Haylen could come on in and closed the door behind her. "How are you?" I asked her curiously. I haven't seen her today yet - as anyone else of the team.
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:05 pm

I stepped into Lindsays apartment and was quite impressed. All clean and bright, but I could see that she had done the clean up today, so I was glad I dropped by and rewarded her with a well deserved break.
"I'm fine! Finally Mac rewarded me with a day off." I tell her with a smile. It's true this was a rare case of having a day off since I started the job. Sure I needed to show him that I am capable of my job and I was thankful enough to not complain about him sometimes being a slave driver.
"So... I see I reward you with a well deserved break. I'm really impressed, it's all clean and bright. Reminds me of the fact that I should do some clean up, too." I smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:24 pm

I watched her taking her jacket off when she told me that Mac rewarded her too with a day off. Well i think she more than deserved that once.. She worked really hard for the job.

"Yeah you certainly did and im happy i just cleaned up. Normally it's such a mess here, but i guess that comes with the job" I said smiling back. "And you deserve a day off with your hard working".
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 pm

"Thank you. Yeah, with all those working hours and then being on call... you didn't get much done." I said trying to remember the last time that I wanted to clean my apartment.
"Normally when I start to clean the mess my phone rings and I find myself at a crime scene to clean up the mess there, or I find myself in the lab, working on evidence. But the lab work is more fun than the Crime Scene Clean up. You're not alone."
Doing both my jobs wasn't easy, but since it wasn't sure that I really keep that job at the crime lab I had to do my Crime Scene clean up job. lthough working for Mac Taylor and his team and especially working with them was much more fun than the clean up.
I followed Lindsay into her living room and put the package of cookies, which I made yesterday evening, and the coffee onto the small coffee table and watched Lindsay as she came back, two cups in her hands. I smiled.
*good. My surprise worked* I thought happily.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:55 pm

I listened to her and then headed for the kitchen to get two cups. "I totally understand what you mean." I said over my shoulder. I got back to the living room with 2 cups. "I have the same problem with Danny and Lucy.." I said to her admitting. "I wanna work with Danny but at the other hand i want us to spent time with Lucy. One day i work and Danny is at home with Lucy, and the other day i at home and Danny working." I said sitting down onto the couch and setting the cups on the table. I waited for Haylen to sit down too.
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:50 am

I sit down on the opposite site of Lindsay and watch her while I think of my reply.
"Yeah, must be kinda hard to have kid but not having much time to spend together as a family. But I think Mac isn't that mean, is he? Anyways, he's Lucy's godfather istn't he? Somehow it's funny to imagine Mac with a baby in his arms" I say and smile shyly, while I try to picture Mac with Danny and Lindsay's daughter Lucy. Somehow this image warms my hard. Maybe it's not too bad at all.
"Sorry, I just got caught up in my imagination. But I try to believe that he is a family guy with a warm heart." I add.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 am

I chuckled when i heard her reply. The idea is indeed funny. "No he isn't mean at all, he thinks about us. The problem is that you can't always do that with this job, and it's hard to choose what you should do.. But we figure it all out" I said with a smile, then filling the two cups. When i handed her one i said "And Mac has a big heart, trust me", with a smile.

Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:50 pm

"Yeah, I believe in him." I say and smile. Maybe some day I'll get to know him better and we'll be friends, too. Well, at least I think he's a great boss.
"I know you'll figure it all out. Lucy's a lucky girl." I say and smile again. She really is, I know that. She has good parents, nice people and good friends. I know it was a good idea to come and surprise Lindsay with a visit. I know this is going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:10 pm

"Thank you" i said with a shy smile. I really appreciate it when people tell us that Lucy is lucky, or thats she's great. We really try to be great parents for her, no matter how hard it is. And Haylen was an amazing friend, i was really glad she had joined us. I had a great feeling when i was with her, like i had with Stella. That i could tell her everything and that she would be there for me when i needed her, and so would I. I mean of course i had been a newbie too, so i knew how it was for her.. But she's in one word amazing. And im glad she suprised me with this visit.

"You paint right?" I asked her, changing the topic. "I saw your work, it was really great!"
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:17 pm

"Thanks..." I said with the same shy smile. "Finished my painting yesterday. I mean the one with the view out of the window of my new apartment. The one you saw at my house warming party. Had been a bit of work lately." I said.
I was flattered that she remembered that I like painting. But well, not really surprised because when I met her I knew instantly that she would be a great friend. Always, or mostly in a good mood, except when a case was bothering her, alsways friendly and smiling. I just had the feeling that whenever I needed someone she would be there. Just like Stella. Both are great Detectives, friends and co-workers and I am thankful that Mac gave me the chance to work with them. It's a great team and I feel like I belong there, I feel like it's my home.
"You know, Linds, some day I really want to meet your little girl. I saw a lot of pictures already, in your office and in Stella's... I even saw one of her and Mac in Mac's office. But don't tell him, he might blush. Because he did when I noticed that was looking at that picture." I smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:31 pm

I listened to Haylen with a smile. "Oh yeah i remember that one! I would love to see that painting finished" I told her honestly.

I took a sip of the coffee that she brought and listened to her again. I just couldn't stop my smile when she talked about all the pictures. It was true Mac had a picture in his office of Lucy, his one and only goddaughter. It was really cute though, even if he didn't like hearing it.

"She's at the kinder garden now, I'll bring her to the lab soon, okay? I'm sure that's fine with Mac. And the picture in his office" I couldn't help but chuckle. "It's cute, isn't it? I guess he's really proud of his goddaughter".

[hihi, i loved your reply]
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:38 pm

"Yes, it's cute. I told him that and he blushed even more. Luckily I was the only one in his office with him that day, discussing some DNA I analyzed. And I'm sure he's proud of her. I would be proud of her, too if she was my goddaughter. I bet he's a great godfather" I said and noshed one of the cookies. It felt great to talk to Lindsay about all those things. I really like her.

[thanks, I'm flattered about what you said earlier about Haylen Very Happy]
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:26 pm

[aaah! sorry for my late reply.. i just totally forgot No forgive me!]

I smiled about what she said. Yeah Lucy just fitted in perfectly in the team, being loved by every single one. Just as Haylen though, she fitting in perfectly too.
Suddenly i wondered how it was to always clean up crime scenes, if some times there happened something weird or crazy.

"Thank you" I said with a proud smile. I really was happy about Lucy.

"Hey, you clean up crime scenes too right? I wondered, do you have some great stories about things that happened during clean up? I know this sounds weird, but i just wondered" I said making a fool out of myself. I think my curiosity just took the lead, haha.
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:35 pm

I smiled at Lindsay's question. Not that I would laugh at her, but people always ask me about that, so I understood that she was curious.

"You mean besides finding evidence that weren't visible before?" I started thinking about my work and remembered a case I could share.
[b]"Well, I don't know if it's funny, but at least it's worth to share... One time I had to clean up a crime scene, where an old woman had been murdered. Routine for me, I thought. Nobody knew that the dead woman had a cat. So, I started to clean the crime scene and then, all of a sudden the cat jumped out of a cupboard and landed right in front of me. I haven't seen it or heard it and I didn't know about the cat so I was scared to death. Well, nearly..."[b]
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 pm

She smiled at my question, i was glad she did though. I remembered the case where she found a fingerprint in the lift. I would pay gold to see Adams face when he heard it.
She told me about the cat, which made me laugh. Laughing

"Cats! They always seem to drop by at the wrong times! It has happened me also a couple times, there were also good times though. Cats accidently reveling secrets we came looking for" I said remembering some cases.
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:21 pm

I knew Lindsay would laugh about my little story and I just joined her. It was good to remember all those funny things about the job I did before.
"Well, I love cats, but this one shocked me like hell. But yeah, sometimes they unreveal secrets we're or the CSI's are looking for."
I said and remembered another case where a cat helped the investigators to solve a crime.
"One time the perp was waering hearing aids and lost one at the crime scene. The cat had taken it from the crime scene to play with it and I found it later when I wanted to clean up. It wasn't documented so I called the investigator and that hearing aid brought them to their killer."
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:10 pm

I listened to her other story. She also had a cat reveling some evidence. See? Cats could be very helpful sometimes. I didn't have anything with cats, I dunno it wasn't really my thing.. cats. Besides that with Lucy around I didn't need a cat to, or cuddle with or watch at the whole time.

"See? It's not so bad to have a cat after all, even though it's not really my thing" I said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 pm

"Well with me not being home that much I don't want to have a cat at my apartment. I wouldn't have the time to pay enough attention to it. My parents have a cat though, but at least my mom stays home most of the time. She has a great job, though... can work at home..." I said and smiled while I was thinking about my mom, being able to work at home most of the time and just go and see her boss every once in a while to catch up with the lastest news and get new jobs to do.
"But you have Lucy, I bet she's way more exciting than a cat." I smile at Lindsay.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Haylen was right, with this job we were actually not able to have pets. Cause we just would have to less time to give it some attention.. And a job at home, sometimes i dreamed about it. How easy it would be, and just spend the whole day with Lucy.. until she has to go to school of course. But at the other hand, i loved this job and i was doing it together with my husband. Not many partners have the same job AND work together on the same case. Oh what were we actually lucky.

"Yeah, she's way more exciting than a cat" I said with a smile. "But she also needs a LOT more attention and special care, but luckily i also have Danny" I added.
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:45 pm

"Yeah, but seeing how she grows up must be great. And I bet Danny's already spoiling her, isn't he? And you have Mac, too. Kinda hard to imagine him with a little baby girl on his arms." I said and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay Monroe
Admin
Lindsay Monroe

BOOM

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:16 pm

I couldnt help but smile too. "Yeaah, actually he's her favorite. And i understand that it's hard to imagion, but that's the same with Danny if you knew how he was." I said remembering the past for a moment. "But indeed, she's growing so fast! But i don't think she minds at all"
Back to top Go down
Haylen Becall

Haylen Becall

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 pm

"It's always the same huh? Young people want to grow up and those who already grew up want to be younger again..." I said and chuckled lightly.
"But I'm happy for you two. I think... if I were Lucy, Mac would be my favorite, too. Guess he's spoiling her a bit, too?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surprise [Lindsay] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise [Lindsay]   Surprise [Lindsay] Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprise [Lindsay]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next